Image #23 is the Undreamer. Here to help us undream the dreams others have of us.
We all arrive on this earth with a unique dream - a purpose and vision for our lives that is ingrained in our being. But as we navigate the world, it is easy for our original dream to become clouded by the dreams, expectations, and desires of others. We may find ourselves living out the dreams of our parents, society, or cultural norms, rather than pursuing the path that truly resonates with our authentic selves.
So how can we reclaim our original dream and live a life that is true to ourselves? Here are five keys of awareness that can help us heal and reignite our original dream:
1. Recognize and release false narratives. One of the biggest obstacles to living our original dream is the false narratives that we have internalized over the years. These are the stories that we tell ourselves about who we are and what we are capable of, based on the expectations and judgments of others. In order to reclaim our true identity, it is important to recognize and let go of these false narratives. This may require some self-exploration and introspection to uncover the underlying beliefs that are holding us back.
2. Take responsibility for your actions. Another important step in reclaiming your original dream is to take responsibility for your actions and the choices you make. This means moving beyond the roles of victim or hero and owning your part in creating your own reality. By taking responsibility, you empower yourself to make conscious choices that align with your true purpose.
3. Seek support from within. Instead of seeking external validation or relying on others to provide you with love, joy, or passion, learn to support yourself from within. This means cultivating self-love and self-worth, rather than seeking it from external sources. When you are able to provide for your own emotional needs, you are better able to navigate the ups and downs of life with resilience and grace.
4. Distinguish between unhealthy and healthy desire. Our desires can either reinforce our shadow wounds or support the realization of our original dream. Unhealthy desire is often driven by a need to fill an elusive void or seek external validation, leading to feelings of separation and suffering. On the other hand, healthy desire is rooted in self-love and a clear sense of purpose, supporting the realization of our true potential. By exploring the underlying causes of our desires, we can learn to identify and cultivate healthy desire that aligns with our authentic selves.
5. Recognize the source of your desire to cling. When we find ourselves clinging to others or seeking external support to fill an elusive void, it is often a sign that we are not fully supporting ourselves. By exploring the underlying causes of our neediness, we can start to recognize the false beliefs that are driving our behavior and make choices that are more authentic and true to ourselves.
As you work through these keys of awareness, you may find that your original dream starts to come into focus. By reclaiming your true identity and living a life that is authentic and true to yourself, you can experience a sense of fulfillment and purpose that is deeply satisfying. So take the time to explore your innermost desires and reignite your original dream - the world needs your unique gifts and talents!
Awareness activities to support the five keys of reclaiming your original dream:
Journaling: Writing down your thoughts and feelings can be a powerful tool for recognizing and releasing false narratives. Try journaling about your beliefs about yourself, your capabilities, and your limitations. What stories have you been telling yourself about who you are and what you are capable of? How do these stories align with your authentic self?
Meditation: Meditation can help you cultivate self-awareness and introspection, enabling you to take responsibility for your actions and choices. Try setting aside time each day to sit in stillness and focus on your breath. You can also try using guided meditations or visualization techniques to explore your inner landscape and gain insights into your true nature.
Self-care practices: Taking care of yourself physically, emotionally, and spiritually can help you develop a strong sense of self-support. This might include activities like exercise, getting enough sleep, eating nourishing meals, practicing self-compassion, and engaging in activities that bring you joy and relaxation.
Guidance and support. It can be helpful to have someone to guide and support us on our journey towards self-discovery. This could be a therapist, coach, mentor, or spiritual teacher who can provide a safe and non-judgmental space for us to explore our deepest desires and challenges.
Mindfulness and self-awareness. By paying attention to our thoughts, emotions, and actions in the present moment, we can gain a deeper understanding of ourselves and our motivations. This can help us identify and release false narratives and patterns of behavior that are not aligned with our true selves.
Cultivate self-acceptance and compassion. Instead of criticizing or judging ourselves for our mistakes or shortcomings, it is important to practice self-acceptance and compassion. Be easy on yourself. This means acknowledging and embracing all aspects of ourselves, including the parts that we may not like or understand. By doing so, we can create a sense of inner peace and resilience that will support us on our path towards our original dream.
Practice gratitude and appreciation. Focusing on the things that we are grateful for can shift our perspective and help us see the world in a more positive light. By cultivating an attitude of gratitude, we can cultivate a sense of hope and purpose that will support us on our journey towards our original dream.
Remember, the key is to find activities that you resonate with and enjoy. By making time for activities that nourish your soul and align with your authentic self, you can create a strong foundation for reclaiming your original dream.
The undreamer print is available in the Expansion Cast store.